It's Spring, You're Still Disgusting Self Care Guide prt 2
It is early spring and you are still disgusting from winter. In this post we will be tackling that gross musty home air with the power of aromatherapy. I will be the first to admit that I don't actually know much about the science behind aromatherapy or what scents are supposed to help what. I'm not sure how much I believe essential oils can heal for that matter. I'm more of a loose partaker that appreciates good smelling mist that help make your musty not quite spring rooms smell nice and make for a nice bedtime routine.
I use the VicTsing 300ml Cool Mist Humidifier, but any old cool mist humidifier will do the trick. Most have similar features, but make sure that the one you get has a timer. That way you can turn it on, leave the room or fall asleep and forget about it. I love turning on my humidifier at the beginning of my bedtime routine so my bedroom is nice and delicious smelling by the time I get into bed. It is also great to put on when it is too cold/rainy to open the window or you just need a burst of freshness.
I mostly use my humidifier right before bed, which impacts the types of scents I buy. My favorite scents and combos are:
- Camphor: found this one just goofing around in with the essential oils in Whole Foods. It is very fresh and calming. Smells a little bit like vics, in a good way.
- Eucalyptus and Mint: Classic
- Lavender: Another Classic
- Lemon and Eucalyptus: Good for mornings or when you need an extra energy kick
- Geranium: New all time fav! Really soft and flowery.
- Yuzu: Citrusy and invigorating
- Bergamot: Another somewhat citrusy scent. It's supposed to be "uplifting", what ever that means.
I'm still working on building up my list of favorites, I tend to use camphor the most at bed time because it is so calming and geranium the rest of the time.